Life at Lamplighter Lodge...come sit a spell

Life at this lodge is never dull.

The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.

We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.

I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.

Friday, October 17, 2008

I took this picture of the sunrise - it was awesome!

We enjoyed a great vacation to the Outter Banks in North Carolina in July 2008. It was our last "hurrah" marking the end of 10 years of employment with Price Pfister. Jamie's lay-off was not going to hamper our year of planning, especially since my brother Ric and his family were flying out from Montana!

We brought the animals (2 dogs: Skye & Abbey, and 2 cats: Sadie & Sheeba) and stayed in the RV at the Cape Hatteras KOA. Ric, Pam, Nathan & Jessica had a Kampin' Kabin. The kids thought the cabin was more fun...which meant quiet evenings for Jamie & me.
There is so much to see and do in the Outter Banks! We had the best days for lounging on the beach (or boogie boarding) and others were just right for sight seeing. Jamie, Ric, Nathan, Levi, Kasey & Rachel rented a fishing boat one morning. The water was really choppy though so Nathan opted to join the rest of us on land (Levi came too because he wanted to spend as much time with his cousin as possible!).


Nathan and Jessica's first time "Catching a Wave" - ever!



Jamie enjoying a morning sunrise with me (handsome guy)

We went to the "Lost Colony" Outdoor Theater and really enjoyed the show. Rachel said she didn't "really understand what they're talkin' about, but I love it!" which says a lot because she is a 6 year old who gets tired of things easily if they're "borin". Anna however had no problem falling asleep even with the gun fighting!
The kids ran in pouring rain to catch these two sea turtles I saw crossing a patch of grass. We were soaked but it was worth it!








This is just one of the MANY
sand crabs Anna found







Rach is flying her first kite (a giant shark of coarse) at Jockey's Ridge. That was the best time and it was free! Well, free after you buy your kite, the extra big spool of line and so on...













Kasey is checking out all the sea shells she found on our last morning out.



I would love to go back - I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I am my most relaxed at the beach! Someday we'll go back and hopefully get to see the wild ponies on the beach...

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Oh, the Outer Banks! That is where Dave & I spent our honeymoon. I would LOVE to go back someday soon. I agree with you. The beach is relaxing & theraputic. THere is nothing else like it. God made it a haven, didn't He?