It has been 5 months since Jamie lost his job. I think I've had 2 melt downs so I am doing fairly well. It is only by God's grace that I am not more stressed. I find that when I stop and think about our situation and feel that fear creeping into my head I immediately hand it right back to the Lord. I cannot worry about what may happen, especially when scripture tells us that if He feeds the birds of the air, how much more will He care for us? Whenever we have a need, we get a knock at the door - someone is delivering just what we needed. I cannot tell you how many times I say a quiet prayer and see it answered so quickly! Yesterday I had prayed about how I wish I could get cereal for the kids because they are tired of oatmeal and then my friend Holly knocks on the door holding a box of groceries - and a huge box of cereal! Another day I'd silently prayed about wishing I knew how to make refried beans from scratch since that seems to be one of our staples - last night my friend Liane brought homemade refried beans for dinner! If we just trust the Lord to provide our needs, in accordance to His will, we will see those prayers answered...
Of coarse, I've been praying about Jamie getting a job and we have yet to have that prayer answered. But I know, I KNOW, that God will provide our needs and in the end whatever happens we will look back on these days and think how amazing His plan was and how blessed we are. How can I fear? Oh, trust me, I can fear...but that's when I need to hand it back and allow him to carry the load. I am not going to let the enemy sink his claws in and take hold.
I think back to when Jamie first lost his job, I'd just started Beth Moore's Bible study on Daniel. We'd started diving into the chapters about Shadrack, Meshack and Abendago being thrown into the firery furnace. I remember saying to the Lord, "Lord...I don't need to go through the fire to learn this Bible study. I can learn it by doing the study. Don't make me go through the fire!". God must have said, "REALLY?" because a week later Jamie'd lost his job. LOL. Sense of humor. Now I am in the fire, I want to be able to come out of that furnace and not smell of smoke! I want to weather this fire well.
I am so proud of Jamie for all the work he is doing to try and find a job. I know it wears on him, especially since he is a guy who gives everything his all. He does not like sitting idle. He wants to provide for his family, he wants to work! I think he has worked maybe harder now trying to find a job, than all the years he did have a job. He has sent his resume to so many people (his binder of contacts is about 6" thick!). Doors are not opening, but they are closing. People he's called early on about jobs, are now calling him back saying they, themselves, have lost their job! This could be so discouraging, but we have to see the blessings...at least we no longer have to wonder if those jobs will ever lead anywhere. Jamie is not wasting his time chasing a job that won't work out. I must be honest, it is hard to know that Jamie has so much potential and he is just hoping to get any job now. He is an incredible manager and has such drive. No matter what job he does get, he will give it his all.
SOOO...my life verse seems to remain my life verse! "Be joyful in hope (I hope that the Lord will provide us with a brilliant career), patient in affliction (yes, we will have to endure some tough times so we need to just hang in there!) and faithful in prayer (I will keep talking with the Lord, He just wants to have a close relationship with me!). ~Romans 12:12
Know that you're blessed...
This lodge is not your ordinary woodsy lodge,it is here in the Piedmont...not the mountains or the coast. I suppose we're neither here nor there. Hubby has dreams of living in a log cabin in the mountains, my dream is a beachfront home (like the one in the picture *wink*...hey a girl can dream!) For now we're right where the Lord wants us and there really is no better place to be than in His care. The rest is just geography.
Life at Lamplighter Lodge...come sit a spell
Life at this lodge is never dull.
The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.
We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.
I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.
The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.
We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.
I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.
1 comment:
Wow, Jen. That was deeply encouraging. I can see God growing you through this. I am so proud of you. You are completely honest in your feelings yet you are so hopeful too. We will keep praying & believing God will provide that job. {{{Hugs}}
BTW, LOVE your title today!
Post a Comment