Life at Lamplighter Lodge...come sit a spell

Life at this lodge is never dull.

The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.

We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.

I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Did you say "free vehicle"?

Today Jamie is off to the DMV or where ever you go to get lisence plates. Why? Because we had another prayer answered.

About a week ago we were praying that we would be able to get a 2nd vehicle so that Jamie could work when he needed to and I wouldn't be stranded (or vice-versa). I told Jamie that we needed to add that the vehicle needed to seat all of us (6) and that I was believing the Lord would bless us with a freebie. Jamie was doubtful but agreed to stand together in faith :)

Yesterday we got a call from one of the Pastors at church and he said someone called wanting to donate a vehicle to a family in need and the Pastor immediately thought of us.

Today we went to look at our new-to-us 1997 Ford Expedition XLT. FREE, no strings attached. Granted we need to get insurance on it and get the lisence plates and it will eventually need work (a new transmission) but we didn't have to pay to purchase it! That is a definite answer to prayer!


It's pretty dirty (stained) but it will seat all of us comfortably. There were some additional perks too! It's 4-wheel drive (Jamie has dreamed of a 4-wheel drive vehicle for years) and it has the tow package! This will be the PERFECT vehicle for Jamie's new business (Rascal Outdoors Videography).

My new prayer is that the Lord will lead us to a transmission mechanic who will be willing to fix both the mini-van and the Expedition in a barter trade - Jamie can do a video for the mechanic for the work on our cars. I know the Lord can do this - I believe He will do this for us :)

Believe...Faith...Trust...JOY!!!!

No comments: