Life at Lamplighter Lodge...come sit a spell

Life at this lodge is never dull.

The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.

We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.

I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.

Friday, December 26, 2008

"Test Me in this..."

I had to laugh today thinking about our situation. On Christmas Eve the offering plate was passed to help raise funds for the Benevolent Fund for the church. This fund helps families who are in need...and we have been recipients of that fund in our very recent past. SO, Jamie felt called to put something in the basket and went to pull out a bill from his wallet, but what he grabbed was a $50 (which we'd received in one of our anonymous money envelopes), so he figured it's the Lord's anyway and dropped it in (smile). Later that evening we received a check from our small group...

A year ago we began tithing. I remember Jamie telling the Lord that it says in His Word that we can test Him with our tithes - to see that He will take care of us - and that Jamie said, "I'm going to test you in this" because it was HARD to write that big check every 2 weeks when we were living paycheck to paycheck. LOL!

SO...what happens? We start tithing and were able to put money away for the 1st time in our lives. Then we had RV trouble and freezer trouble and dishwasher trouble and dryer trouble...but we kept tithing and God kept providing. Then we started praying that God would give Jamie a new job so that he could leave the company he was working with because Jamie was miserable. Next thing we know we are unemployed but God is faithful in providing for us daily. He says what He means.

I think we have tested the Lord on tithing enough..."Thank you Lord for allowing us to test you with our little faith. You are an immense God who outpours your love on us simple-minded folks. We love you." Can we have a job now? **wink**

I am itching to get out there and live a Luke 10 lifestyle and bless others the way we've been blessed these past 6 months!

No comments: