Life at Lamplighter Lodge...come sit a spell

Life at this lodge is never dull.

The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.

We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.

I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Mom's Chore Schedule

Now that I've figured out a way to get the kids' chores done, I need to figure out my chore schedule. I tend to put things off - like ironing (ugh). I PLAN to do 2 loads of laundry each day (I do Jamie's & my clothes and the younger girls' clothes so that is 10 loads total without bedding - 15 with bedding & towels).

Monday - DNS (do not schedule) - this is our busiest day because of Science Lab & Girl Scouts
Tuesday - Master Bath & dust Master bedroom
Wednesday - Office work (correcting school papers, cleaning office area, planning lessons)
Thursday - Kitchen (floor boards, top of fridge, clean oven/drawer, wipe down cabinets)
Friday -Yard Work (we have co-op in the morning so I will do the yard in the afternoons as a way to unwind *smile*)
Saturday - Ironing (Saturdays there are movies on TV to help pass the time *wink*)
Sunday - (clean for Small Group - hopefully with our new chore schedules there will be little to do!)

I know making time for Mom is not supposed to be a chore, but I think I need to schedule that in nowadays. If I block off from 8-10 p.m. for "me time" I could probably get a lot done...

Monday: DNS (I'm wiped out after Scouts so I veg infront of the TV)
Tuesday: Reading
Wednesday: Date Night/Games with Jamie (I struggle greatly with wanting to play games)
Thursday: Stamping
Friday: Family Night - movie or games (7-9); Reading? (9-11)
Saturday: Movie with Jamie (7-9 I fall asleep if it's any later); Stamping (9-11)

I don't know - not sure if that will work...

No comments: