Just had to mention...I think we tend to forget that God is very real, very present in our day to day life and He is answering our prayers (even small, silent or unspoken ones) in BIG or little ways. For Christmas Kasey got a guitar. Jamie plays but he doesn't read music and we can't afford to give her lessons right now. Last night I was wishing we knew how to teach her so the guitar doesn't just sit idle. Guess what today's freebie on http://www.homeschoolfreebie.com/was? "Little Strummers" - to teach children ages 6-10 beginning songs! I'm tellin' ya, that's another "God thang".
"Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice."
This lodge is not your ordinary woodsy lodge,it is here in the Piedmont...not the mountains or the coast. I suppose we're neither here nor there. Hubby has dreams of living in a log cabin in the mountains, my dream is a beachfront home (like the one in the picture *wink*...hey a girl can dream!) For now we're right where the Lord wants us and there really is no better place to be than in His care. The rest is just geography.
Life at Lamplighter Lodge...come sit a spell
Life at this lodge is never dull.
The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.
We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.
I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.
The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.
We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.
I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.
No comments:
Post a Comment