SO we will be implementing this new plan: Chore Cards
- I will type up index- sized cards with chores on them: a chore will either be a daily chore or a M/W/F or T/Th/Sat chore to be done for an entire week.
- Each Chore Card will have a detailed list of what needs to be done for that chore (no more "I didn't know I was supposed to do THAT")
- Every Sunday the children will have "Chore Draw" at which time they will choose a total of 6 chores for their "Weekly Chore Hand".
- Once the cards have been chosen, the kids are free to trade their cards for 5 minutes but after those 5 minutes, those cards in their "hand" will be their responsibility until we choose new cards the following Sunday.
- I still have the authority assign chore cards to them, to dis-allow a proposed trade or trump a trade by re-assigning it to a capable sibling (for those chores that the younger ones are not quite ready to take on).
- If the kids aren't up on time for school or are running in "slow-motion", they will receive whatever chores I give them.
- We will have our Chore Hour from 8-9 a.m. Whatever does not get done in that time will need to be completed in the Make-Up Hour (3-4 p.m.) Hopefully our kids will want to do things in a timely manner so that they have a lot more free time!
- IF a chore does not get done, that child will have to repeat the chore the following week without the possiblity of trade. I feeling some may have to repeat chores until they learn it's best to do what is expected.
- I will also reserve the right to take a chore from a child who is diligent and give that chore to the slacker in addition to the hand he/she already has.
- Before moving onto their school work, they will need to turn in their cards for "inspection". Cards that cannot be returned to the Chore Box will be expected to be completed during the Make-Up Hour.
- All cards will need to be returned to the box before they are allowed free time.
Hopefully this works...it sounds good on "paper".
No comments:
Post a Comment