Life at Lamplighter Lodge...come sit a spell

Life at this lodge is never dull.

The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.

We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.

I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

21 Day Challenge - Day 14: Under the Bathroom Sink


This is the 2nd of 3 Challenges I tackled today.

Main Bathroom:

This is under the Main Bathroom sink (left side). I had intended the big bucket (a recycled kitty litter container) to hold all the cleaning stuff. As you can see that went well :P

This is the right side...lovely.

There was a lot of trash and gooey muck from bottles that spilled. I sprayed my Household Cleaner on it and wiped clean :)

There is one bottle that doesn't belong in the bucket...the shampoo that's upside down, but it won't stand up on its own and we'll use what's left in our handsoap dispenser ;)

I had 2 of the blue trash cans (used one in the kitchen for compost). For now it is holding all the "almost empty" shampoo and conditioner bottles. Once they're used up, I'll send it back to the garage. I think it might actually wind up in the girl's bathroom because it's their shampoo/conditioner...makes sense.

I couldn't quit the challenge just doing one bathroom since we have 3.

Master Bathroom:
Thankfully, I had cleaned our bathroom 2 weeks ago so I didn't have to do anything to it
(other than that mess of a Linen Closet...blah!).

This is under my sink...

This is my "after" picture from when I cleaned up 2 weeks ago under Jamie's sink. It's now my "before" picture this time because I discovered a nice ice cream bucket, hiding behind the sponge, that would hold the cleaning supplies better. I tossed out that yogurt container :)
I also decided to use a "pretzel" container...the clear square thing...to hold the trash bags, when I cleaned the first time. *LOVE*

This is today's "after"

Girls' Bathroom:

Okay, now ya'll need to know that I have cleaned this bathroom not that long ago...maybe 4 months? I got so disgusted by it, and was tired of asking the girls to clean it up, that I just gave in and did it myself. This is what it looked like today before I gave up again :(

This is under the left sink. We keep the cleaning supplies and toilet paper here...and who knows what else now.

This is under the right sink. It is supposed to be for their toiletries. It is NASTY...but honestly about 50% better than the last time I did this. YUCK.

I couldn't really do much on this side. I need a better container to hold the cleaning supplies. I did use a glass peanut jar, that was under the right sink for whatever reason, to hold the pumps for the shampoo bottles. I don't throw those away because the girls use less shampoo/conditioner if they have a pump and sometimes the bottles don't sell with one, so I keep them in all sizes :) Not too many though...I'm not ready for the "Hoarders" show.

These are all empty bottles that were under the sink and in their shower...good grief! Oh and there were about 10 glasses under the sink.
We do have a "No food or drinks" upstairs rule...I see that has been observed well :(

Here is the right side's "after" picture. Much better! Oh yah, that blue container in front of the mouthwash is a whole bunch of partially used toothpaste tubes!
I won't have to buy any for a while!
Had this "hanger" in my bathroom holding nothing...it will serve well in here.

So I did it...I got under my kitchen sink & bathroom sinks cleaned and organized, and I got both linen closets sorted & organized all in one day. Not to forget to mention I re-purposed that wonderful dresser in my laundry room -
once I clean in there it might actually look like a Pottery Barn photo :)

No comments: