Today I am playing "Catch Up". We are home from church with 3 sick girls and I have been trying to fight it off for days, but I don't feel crummy - just tired.
Jamie has to work from home today to try and get things to a place where he can go on the road tomorrow, so I was feelin' a little guilty for just lying around actually enjoying the Sabbath while he has to be working so hard.
So, I decided to catch up a little on the 21 Day Challenge. I kind of did it out of order though but I'm going to post a bunch of stuff today.
Today I should be doing Day 3, which is to clean & organize the tupperwear.
About 3 weeks ago I got so frustrated with how the kids were putting the tupperwear away
(just shoving it in the cabinet and then when you opened it stuff would always fall out).
I tackled today's challenge before I knew about the 21 Day Challenge - so all I had to do today was take my after pictures. Next time I'll know to take before pictures any time I tackle a project :)
When I did clean out my tupperwear I found a GARBAGE bag worth of lids! No containers, just lids. That is crazy! I also managed to get rid of a garbage bag full of matched lids/containers and will donate those to Goodwill...they're currently occupying space in the garage :P
No wonder the kids were just shoving stuff in the cabinets...nothing fit...I mean think about it...TWO garbage bags of stuff in addition to the stuff I kept! Good grief!
About 2 years ago I realized that I needed to get tupperwear that was all the "same" so the lids could go on anything...otherwise Jamie would put something in the fridge with a lid that didn't fit...or he wouldn't put it in with a lid at all!
I found a set that had different sizes (1 pt., 1 qt., 2 qts., etc...) but they all had the same lid! BRILLIANT!! They have been wonderful...but...somehow over the last 2 years they have been disappearing...food rotting so bad in the fridge that we just don't even open it and toss the whole thing (GROSS I KNOW!!!) or the kids have been taking them outside to dig in the yard or catch bugs and then when I discover them, they are so dirty and gross I would never put food in them again :/
About the time I cleaned out my tupperwear, BJs had a coupon for a boxed set so I broke down and got new tupperwear. They are all different sizes so I have to be sure to have the lids next to the container so Jamie doesn't have to go searching & give up (I used to just put all the lids in a box so they were "contained" (hee hee). It was easy for me to remember what went with what, but Jamie had no clue. That system didn't work for us.
SO...this is how my top shelf looks (I love my cabinets because the shelves slide out *SMILE*). I'm not particularily thrilled with the way it is right now, but it works. I suppose if I could bring myself to donate those blue lidded ones, things would fit, but I like to keep those for when I take a meal to a friend...it doesn't matter if I don't get them back. Hmmm...maybe if I keep making meals for others, this shelf will naturally organize itself :)
I love these Chineese Take-out containers (great for sorting/organizing drawers & for when I give a meal to a friend too). I still have to make sure the lids are right with the container or Jamie won't use them so I stacked these. 
This is the back of the stacked containers. I keep my big bowls down here (obviously).
This is the bottom of the cabinet next to the tupperwear. I cleaned it out when I did the tupperwear. We re-use our plastic silverwear and we collect a lot (because of hosting small group and socials) so instead of keeping it in the silverwear drawer (which was overflowing), I decided to keep them separated in those food "buckets"...one for knives, one for forks, and one for spoons. When we have people over now, I just pull out the buckets. I need a different type of container to hold the can/bottle cozies but this works for now.Day 3: Tupperwear - organized :)

No comments:
Post a Comment