SO...this is the challenge that started out as a 20 minute easy fix, but turned into an entire day and finishing 3 challenges! Yay me!
I have tried to keep up with this area since we moved here...I hated cleaning out under my sink when we moved from our Washington state home, and I swore I would never let it get that way again.
I had an old dish drainer tray and decided to use it to help keep the grime off the "floor". It helps, but because it has that edge that doesn't have a rim, if something leaks it spills down under the tray - which happened about a month ago right after I organized this space! We keep the compost under the sink and Jamie dumped the coffee grounds in the mini trash can we used for compost. But Levi had taken the "bucket" out of the trash can to dump the compost, decide to let the bucket "soak" and forgot to put it back in...so all the coffee grounds wound up everywhere. I was so irked that I just shoved paper towels under the rim to try and sop up the mess...and left it! < I blush>
Here is the left side (and a peek at the right)...the empty space is where the compost goes. I have been using a plastic shoe box because our cute mini trash can was actually broken :(

So here is some of the goo gunk...ew! I will put a plug in now for my home made kitchen cleaner. It is AWESOME. I just sprayed it on this mess, left it for a few minutes and wiped off. *LOVE* It's also really cheap to make and we use it for a zillion things.

I got rid of some empty bottles - that always helps *wink* - so now the things that I do need, actually fit in the basket.
I decided to get a couple jars to hold my SOS pads and my sponges for my dish wand. *LOVE*


No comments:
Post a Comment