Life at Lamplighter Lodge...come sit a spell

Life at this lodge is never dull.

The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.

We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.

I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Household Cleanser

Get ready...this is the easiest and best cleanser I have found. I was going to purchase some Basic H (Shaklee) off Craigslist (or maybe it was from Freecycle?)...any way, the lady who was giving it away had said that she found a homemade recipe she liked better.

Now my Mom used Shaklee when I was growing up and I know it is a good product...and safe to use. It was more spendy than the stuff I've been buying at WalMart, but it was concentrated and we could use it for a long time...like years. I was going to get this Basic H to save money in the long run.

When I inquired about the Basic H via email, she said it was already spoken for. So, being without shame and on an extremely tight budget, I emailed her back and asked if she would share the recipe for the cleanser she liked better...and she did! She got it from Dr. Oz (you know the doctor from the Oprah Show? Not that that makes it better, but it is a reference right?)...

3 C. water
1 1/2 TBS Borax
4 1/2 TBS Vinegar
1 1/2 TBS Liquid Dish Soap

I add a few drops of essential oil to make it smell pretty :)

I have used this on my counters mostly, but it is FABULOUS on my glass-top cookstove! I just spray it on, let it sit for a minute or two and wipe off...seriously, I wipe it off! And if you have seen my stovetop, you'd know what a miracle that is! I've been doing a 21 Day Challenge and am having to clean up a lot of gunk, and every time I use the cleaner I am just amazed and so thankful I have the recipe! Check out my posts about the challenge for some pictures :)

Enjoy!

No comments: