Life at Lamplighter Lodge...come sit a spell

Life at this lodge is never dull.

The Lord keeps us dependant on Him - we must choose to grow or find ourselves repeating the lessons. Some learning curves are slight and others test us immensely.

We dream of days when we can shut out the noise of this world and focus on the quiet calm instead. Our lives tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what the world says is important. It's time to sit for a spell in one of the rocking chairs on the porch. We need to take the time to soak up His goodness, to smell the air and all that it carries...like the scent of the trees and flowers around us. To hear the birds singing above us. To feel a gentle breeze in the sunshine. To enjoy God's amazing artistry and focus on Eternity's Paradise...not the busyness of today. Do you need to sit a spell? I know I do.

I'll get the iced tea and meet you on the porch.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Our update...brief

WOW, the last time I had posted was when Jamie was working at Lowe's Foods at night! That was forever and ago!

Jamie got hired back on with Black & Decker (the parent company for Price Pfister which he was with for 10 years but let him go 14 months prior)...this time for Kwik-Set (locks) back in September of 2009. They reinstated his salary, vacation pay, health benefits, pretty much everything which was amazing! BUT, it didn't last long. He was laid off again in February (or I think it was February). But we knew from our recent past that God was in control and He would sustain us.

Jamie went back to videos and landscaping (did I mention that before?) and then his cousin told him to apply for a job with his company as a Regional Manager for RSI Cabinets. He applied, interviewed and took the job in June 2010 I believe. It was a definite pay cut and it is super duper tight financially. The benefits are not so good (I doubt we will ever meet our deductible!) but it is a paycheck and it does put food on our table and for that we are grateful for the Mana! We aren't going to grumble and wander in the desert (hopefully) like the Israelites did. God is good and He is faithful.

I will say that we do hope one day, soon Lord?, Jamie is in a job that he enjoys and that provides not only for our needs and a few desires, but allows us to bless others whenever possible. We get excited just thinking about how wonderful it would be to give someone gas money for the month or fix a car for them or buy groceries...the list goes on. For now, I need to learn how to bless others with what we do have...and I've yet to figure that out because we are "without"...LOL!

No comments: